We provide housing for long-term residents and students studying in the city of San Francisco and SF Bay area. Please read below for more information.
- Student housing is available for both international and local students studying in the city of San Francisco and San Francisco Bay area.
- For students who are international and thus cannot provide a credit history in the U.S., we require an I-20 form or student identification issued by the school.
- The option of a shared room (shared with one other student) or a private room is available to students.
- The following application must be filled out and submitted.
- Application Download click here
- A security deposit is required (the amount depends on the type of room).
- See FAQ below for further details
Long-term Residents (Non-students)
- Long-term accommodation is housing for anyone who possess a form of J-1, H-1.
- Only private rooms are available for long-term interns.
- A security deposit equivalent to one month’s rent is required.
- See FAQ below for further details.
FAQ for Long-term stay and Student Housing
Anyone with a form of J-1, H-1 international students can apply for long-term residence.
To make a reservation, you may contact us by phone, email, or in person at our hostel. You must pay a security deposit by either cash or credit card.
Yes, it is refundable by credit card only within 7 to 10 business days after check-out if there has been no damage to the room.
We provide linen sets, towels, mini-fridge, microwave, and TV.
There is no maximum stay. The minimum amount of days for a long-term stay is 4 weeks (28 days).
For long-term stay, only single room is available and we allow no more than 2 adults in any one unit. Student will have two options of shared room and a single room. Please note that terms and conditions can be amended so for more details, please check with front desk.
Anyone under 18 is not permitted without being accompanied by a guardian.
Yes, we provide free Wi-Fi, computer access, hair dryers, and irons.
Yes, we provide free breakfast from 7 am to 10 am every morning. Breakfast includes waffles, cereal, oatmeal, milk, tea and coffee.
Yes, all of our units are furnished with one bed per person, a TV, a mini-fridge, a microwave, a dresser, and one desk and chair per person.
Yes, a community kitchen is located on the first floor and we provide general kitchen amenities.
Yes, we provide weekly housekeeping service.
Bikes can be stored only in your room, not anywhere else in the hostel.
No, not in dormitory rooms, only service dogs are allowed in private rooms.
We provide free luggage storage before check in and after check out. We don’t provide luggage storage during a guests’ stay. Please note that after 9 pm, we will charge service fees for any unannounced luggage left in the storage room.
Qualification and Acceptance Policy for long-term residence for US residents excluding international students.
- We are an equal opportunity housing provider.
- We allow no more than two (2) adults in any one (1) unit.
- All prospective tenants must be 18 years or older, and must fill out a rental application and pay the nonrefundable screening fee of $30.00.
- Our screening process includes, but not limited to:
a. Verifying information provided on the application.
b. Contacting present and previous rental owners for rental history.
c. Checking with employers.
d. Checking with financial institutions.
e. Obtaining credit reports from one or more credit agencies.
- We Accept the First application who meets minimum requirements. An Applicant meets our minimum requirement, if she/he:
a. Earns a gross monthly income, equal to, or greater than, twice (2) the monthly rent.
b. Has Twelve (12) months of verifiable income.
c. Is able to pay required rent plus cleaning deposit of $25.00.
d. Presents Valid Picture I.D.
e. Have favorable credit history.
To reduce the group original size 2 days before the arrival, it will be charged a 100% of the correspondent amount.
Liability / Deposit
Anyone who causes damage to the building or inventory is liable for under the law (particularly the organizer or group leader). Any form of theft or intentional damage will be reported to the Police.
On departure of groups the rooms are inspected by Hostel Staff. Extreme mess left in the room or any kind of and damage will be invoiced and are payable at departure.
Orange Village assumes no liability for luggage stored in the free Luggage Room or for vehicles or bicycle parked on premises of Orange Village Hostel, city of San Francisco.
The ineffectiveness of individual components of these terms and conditions does not affect the validity of the remaining sections.